Future Forge Slack
Chatting at the Forge
A very good way to get in touch with other FF members and officers is through the use of a program called Slack. Slack is a channel-based messaging platform. We currently use it at the Forge to communicate with members, relay messages and announcements and check-in with our fellow members!
Do you need to get in touch with a FF member immediately! Use Slack to call them on their phone (assuming they have Slack on their phone).
If you are a member at the Future Forge, you should have gotten an email inviting you to join our community slack. If you have not gotten the invite, please send an email to [email protected] requesting an invite.
Currently we have several channels setup on our Slack. Different channels are for different subjects/ forms of discussion. Here is a list of a few of the channels we have:
- #announcements - for upcoming announcements from forge directors in regards to meetings and events
- #212sbullard - for updates and discussion about the physical location of the Forge
- #funstuff - offtopic chatting
- #meetingnotes - notes about recent meetings
- #toolrequests - members requesting certain tools to increase the tools of the space!
Simply download the program on either mobile or computer, and slick the invite link that was sent. It will allow you to create a profile and join the default channels. If you want to join other channels that are not the default, look at the left side of the program and click the + sign next to where it says "Channels" and click "browse channels".